Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thursday Theme Song: it's the ...

It's my theme song...at least it used to be, when I still had my old Dodge, and before I drove my brother Rob's Mustang Cobra and scared my hair white...



© Photo by Richard Schear
at a car show in Florida (this car isn't a Dodge)

The little old lady from Pasadena
Has a pretty little flowerbed of white gardenias
But parked in a rickety old garage
Is a brand-new, shiny red, super-stock Dodge
And everybody's sayin' that there's nobody meaner
Than the little old lady from Pasadena
She drives real fast and she drives real hard
She's the terror of Colorado Boulevard—
Wikipedia photo, '64 Super Stock Dodge Polara
If you see her on the street, don't try to choose her
You might drive a goer, but you'll never lose her
Well, she's gonna get a ticket now, sooner or later
'Cause she can't keep her foot off the accelerator
The guys come to race her from miles around
But she'll give 'em a length, then she'll shut 'em down




Posted for Hootin' Anni's musical meme
Thursday Theme Song
Click  HERE! to see what songs other bloggers are singing today.

8 comments:

Kay said...

Too funny! This is so hilarious, Kay! I just love your sense of humor.

Martha Z said...

Never underestimate us little ol' ladies.

Powell River Books said...

Growing up in SoCal it was one of the songs we liked. My theme song was Fun, Fun, Fun by the Beach Boys. I learned to drive in my folks T-Bird and took it on many a cruising night when I was supposed to be at the library. Then I got my first Mustang as a senior. Then it was really fun, fun, fun. Especially up at my grandparents who lived near Modesto in Northern California. I cruised 10th Street way before the American Graffiti movie. - Margy

Dianne said...

I don't have a Dodge in the garage Kay but now I can't get that song out of my head ...little old lady from Pasadena ...she drives real fast and she drives real hard.....

SquirrelQueen said...

That old Dodge is just too cool. I wonder how many folks start humming that tune when they see me in my Camaro?

Lighthousegal said...

Fun song and awesome cars in those pictures. Love the older cars, they are awesome.
Who says you have to be a guy to love cars!! Go Granny Go!!

diane b said...

Look out for white haired little old ladies driving a dodge.

Hootin Anni said...

How I love this!!! Sorry, I'm late in stopping by....wasn't home yesterday!

Thanks for participating. Your themesong is always such a pleasure!!