Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

For Real Toads: my husband's photos

Several days ago, Kerry asked us if she might use some of my husband's photos as prompts for the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads. Dick was very flattered and soon we were both exhausted after going through our many travel photos as well as the pictures he takes when walking our dog Lindy. Much to our surprise, Kerry snaffled a photo from my blog to add to the mix: one of my husband (in which I missed his head) walking a very happy Lindy in the snow.

to resist the Mongol hordes
they built a wall with many a stair
dynasties from Qin to Ming
fortified the very air


a hole in the jungle
looks out to sea
and I look out there, too,
to see


hoar frost, hard frost,
would you kill a tree?
not an easy thing to do
on the lone prair-ie




oh, deer, where can our mamas be?
Lindy so long at us stares
© Photos by Richard Schear in China, Hawaii, and Canada

11 comments:

jabblog said...

How lovely:-)

Fireblossom said...

I'm sure the mamas are not far. :-)

Susie Clevenger said...

what a lovely collection of photos and words...your husband takes great pictures and you have complimented them with your words...I love the first one about China.

Teresa said...

The photos are wonderful! Your poems are such a joy to read. I hope Lindy didn't get the young deer. :-)

Powell River Books said...

How nice for Dick. So many great ones to choose from. - Margy

Isadora Gruye said...

I chose the great wall photo and my mind also went right to mongols.....interesting. Thanks for posting!

Cad said...

Well done for weaving these together.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm glad to see you didn't leave a picture out, and a lovely verse to compliment each one.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

What a couple of talented people you two are! Thanks as always for sharing.

Kateri said...

These are lovely--both the verses and the photos!

Margaret said...

and what a beautiful hole in the jungle! I have yet to do this prompt and I will, just running a bit behind (my daughter came home from school this weekend).