Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday: the Catherine Palace

The intriguing intricacies and intricate intrigues of the lush Catherine Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia, have left many shadows of one sort or another—on the walls, on the floors, or in the history books.
My husband toured this huge, beautiful palace without me during our August holiday last year. My sore feet were happy to miss all the walking, but I was sorry to miss such beauty—however, my husband got some wonderful shadow shots!






© Photos by Richard Schear, August, 2011


This lovely lady seems oblivious to all the water pouring from her jug as she relaxes in her shadowy niche on an outside wall of the Catherine Palace.
Posted for Shadow Shot Sunday 2
To see other shadows shot by other bloggers and/or their intrepid photographers,
please click  HERE!

18 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

These indeed are wonderful shots. What a gorgeous palace.

Sylvia K said...

Awesome shadow shots for the day! Such a beautiful palace!! Hope you have a great week, Kay!

Sylvia

Maude Lynn said...

What an amazing place! Just gorgeous!

Brian Miller said...

oh wow...some really great shots...love the red curtains and the light through them in the first...

Mr Puddy said...

CATherine Palace... I like the name : )
very luxury place : )
xoxo

Sherry Blue Sky said...

INCREDIBLE photos! Wow! Kay, it's so funny, I just commented on Mary's poem, saying how I watched the flames in my grandma's fireplace when I was little, then posted it and looked up and saw your comment saying the same thing. Are you sure we're not cousins? hee hee!

Susie Clevenger said...

Wow...these are breathtaking...I can only dream of actually seeing these sights with my own eyes.

toby said...

What an amazing palace - I'm glad that you and your husband did such a good job sharing it with us!
This actually would be a good candidate for my meme: Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors. Feel free to stop by and link up, if you like!
http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/
Have a great week!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Wow! What wonderful photos!

toby said...

Those are all beautiful! And I think they're all good for Shadow Shot Sunday :)
Have a wonderful week!

jabblog said...

What an extraordinary, extravagant palace - the eye is sated with beauty at every turn.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful details.

Regards and best wishes

Gemma Wiseman said...

Romantic atmosphere in these beautiful photos of older lifestyles! The first and third scenes are so magical!

Cezar and Léia said...

So charming castle and your pictures are wonderful! :)
Léia

Unknown said...

Looks like an amazing place to visit!

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Elegant palace and perfect for shadow shot!

Friko said...

An exciting place to visit, I am glad you got the photos at least.

Kay said...

What an amazing place! Great photos. I sure would love to go there some day.