Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

For Real Toads: Talon's beautiful photos

As a Weekend Photo Challenge for the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Fireblossom posted 5 photos taken by her blogging friend Talon (a fellow Canadian, nice to see you here, Talon) and introduced Talon's muse: Stripey the Cat. At least, I assume that's what he is. I'm sure Fireblossom would have mentioned if Stripey were Talon's familiar. On the other hand, Stripey seems to have done all the talking on Toads this time, so perhaps familiar is exactly what he is, that or Talon's alter ego.

ktn © 2012

Stripey looks
both sleepy
and alert
in a way
only cats can manage.








ktn © 2012


Blue heron flying
through a field
not allowing
field grasses
to impede
its large wings,
long legs,
or crooked neck.




ktn © 2012


Stripey thinks
this is a dog,
and perhaps
the horse would like
to be a dog,
allowed into the house
and onto the couch,
to cuddle
with the cat.







ktn © 2012

Talon told Stripey
candles are necessary in Canada.
Perhaps she is right:
Candles to mourn
the passing
of Maple Leaf Gardens,
now renamed, after
a constantly-bankrupt airline.




ktn © 2012

The moon
is at its perigee,
the point in its orbit
when it's closest to the earth.
We're told strange things happen
at that point of orbit.
So does the perigee
cause quakes?

(Stripey only knows he likes the moon.)

16 comments:

Fireblossom said...

What a delightful post, Kay! I just loved every bit of it. I laughed about the horse wanting to come in and be on the sofa with the cat!

Lolamouse said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your post! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that in Canada you named things after airlines and other soulless businesses like we do here.

Scarlet said...

Whew..you got it all ~ You wonderful woman...and no we don't need candles here ~

Mary Ann Potter said...

You did them all -- cool. I enjoyed these, Kay!

hedgewitch said...

Very nice, Kay. If I had a horse, I would to let him come in and cuddle with *me* so good thing not, eh?

Laurie Kolp said...

Wow- you captured all the photos in your own unique voice... much enjoyed this. That moon does cause craziness:

http://lkharris-kolp.blogspot.com/2012/02/nightmares-lonely-cry.html

Teresa said...

What a fun post!

TALON said...

Kay, it's lovely to meet you. And I loved your post! lol - Stripey might get his nose completely out of joint if a horse were allowed in the house. As it is, he just tolerates sharing with his sister and his two dog frenemies. :)

And Lindy is just gorgeous! She radiates happiness.

Honey at 2805 said...

What a great post, Kay! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Susie Clevenger said...

What fun..love how you used all the photos and connected them to Stripey...I needed a smile...thanks :)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

A wonderful post -- great images and perfect text accompaniment.

Cezar and Léia said...

"Sleepy and at the same alert": so true, only cats can manage that indeed... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Wow, grandiosa la foto del cavallo :))
Buona domenica, è sempre un grande piacere leggere ( con il traduttore di google ) il tuo blog !
Myriam :))

Kerry O'Connor said...

I can see you had a lot of fun with these 'snapshot poems'.

Tammy said...

Beautiful pictures, and I loved your apt take on each one!

Margaret said...

ha ha. I feel like I know each of them a bit better. Very cute take on the prompt. I had a hard time choosing.