Followers

Friday, February 3, 2012

For Real Toads: temptation or confession

Hmm, my friend Fireblossom has challenged the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads to write about temptation and/or confession.
This is the real deal, baring our souls for all to read. Dare I bare?



sublimate
sublimate
sublimate the urgings


lurking
in the cupboard
crying
calling
wooing me with their chocolateness
cookies
candies
caramel-centered chocolate-coated cravings


sublimate
sublimate
sublimate the urgings


hiding
in the freezer
luscious
lovely
luring me with their deliciousness
ice creams
creamsicles
frozen fancies filling up my failings

sublimate
sublimate
sublimate the urgings
sitting
there on a plate
carrot
sticks and
celery really do not call
beckon
me not
nor do they lure me at all
sublimate?
I can't wait
to give in to the urgings
© Photos at the Barcelona Night Market,
by Richard Schear, during our 2008 holiday in Spain

16 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love the way the repeating lines become a mini-mantra in an attempt to curb the cravings!

Dianne said...

Oh my!, temptation ... I wouldn't be abe to resist!!

Zyzzyz said...

You make ne feel hungry.

Fireblossom said...

You're singin' my song, Kay! Like Kerry, I think the repeated lines really bring it home. And who ever craved a celery stick?!?

I'm so glad you decided to be part of FBF!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that repetition, and I'm right there with you!

Penelope Notes said...

Very nicely done, Kay! I really liked reading this lyrical reminder that although a carrot is crunchier, chocolates are irresistible and much more fun to munch. :)

Marian said...

all cute and delicious, but "filling up my failings" speaks of something darker. well done, i like this a lot.

Kay said...

I've got some dark chocolate that is tempting me right now. Sighhhhh.... I'm eating nuts to keep my resistance going.

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh gosh, that IS tempting!
God bless you!
Cezar

Scarlet said...

I love chocolates and I can't resist them ~

Christine said...

I hid temptations sometimes in the house, so the kids can't eat it all, but the husband sniffs them out all the time

Sherry Blue Sky said...

.....ESPECIALLY the ones with caramel centers!!!! And now you can get ice cream with caramel centered chocolates IN IT!!!! Who knew?

I love this, Kay, and really like the repeating mantras.......

Other Mary said...

Oooooh yeah! Sublimate! Soulmate is chocolate, not carrot! Damn, now I'm getting hungry! lol

Daydreamertoo said...

Not easy to use all our willpower to resist when everything that tastes so good is also so bad for us.
Great use of the prompt :)

Laurie Kolp said...

... and why not? You only live once. = )

Margaret said...

Almost like trying to avoid temptation with repetitious prayer!

Yes, chocolate is quite the "Wooer".