Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Camera Critters; Pet Pride: foes, fans, flight risks


This little dog (above) barks and barks and barks whenever Lindy goes by (see her footprints outside the fence) but Lindy just ignores all the fuss and bother.


Lindy waits patiently in last month's snow while her daddy takes a picture of the little dog, although she doesn't understand why he would want a photo of such a noisy dog. (She forgets she barks at dogs going past our fence, too.)


This dog comes to his fence whenever he sees Lindy. He doesn't bark, he just wants to be friends with her, but her daddy couldn't even get a photo of Lindy looking at him. She just walks right by, and that makes the dog cry. He loves Lindy, but she'd rather walk than make friends. Not a good attitude just before Valentine's Day, Lindy. He might have shared a bone with you!

© Photos by Richard Schear
Another little dog and its buddy were enjoying an unsupervised run as Dick and Lindy were on one of their walks this week. Lindy didn't understand what they were doing, until their owner came along and asked if Dick had seen two little dogs. When he said yes, she sighed and said, "I know they'll come home, but at least I get out for a walk while I'm looking for them." Ah yes, hide'n'seek!

Posted for
Camera Critters
hosted by Misty Dawn. Thanks, Misty!
and for
Pet Pride
hosted by Lindy's pal Bozo and his family in Mumbai, India.
Lindy says, "You sure do look comfortable and happy on your blog today, Bozo. My comfort zones are (1) my bed; (2) my window seat; (3) my TV seat; and (4) the middle of the kitchen floor whenever anyone is trying to cook in there. Thanks for asking!"

18 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Lindy sure know how to capture the attention of other dogs... except maybe the two little runaways. :)

jabblog said...

Lindy doesn't know what she's missing. There's no accounting for taste and if he doesn't push her buttons there's nothing to be done;-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Lindy is beautiful! I'm a nut for goldens - such wonderful and tolerant dogs!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Lindy :)
sei una grande !!!
Baci Myria ( e Igor )

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like your lindy is a cool character. she's a beauty!

LadyFi said...

Cute dogs. I feel sorry for the husky though...

eileeninmd said...

Lindy is a beautiful dog and she attracts attention walking down the street. I'm sure she gets some "wolf" whistles too. Wonderful photos.

Other Mary said...

Love the K-9 critters! I have 3 at my house, and the interactions can be interesting, as you have shown here.
By the way, I responded to your comment about the picture of the child with the 'thin ice' sign. It never even occurred to me someone would put a child in danger just for a picture. I have no problem with your 'rant,' it was well-said.

magiceye said...

:) you are so good looking Lindy, you are bound to have admirers silent and noisy!


Woof woof
from Bozo
Pets forever

SquirrelQueen said...

Goodness Lindy, that is one handsome fellow. Maybe you are just playing hard to get? You are one very cool girl.

Happy Weekend!

The Chair Speaks said...

Pretty Lindy has so many friends. :)

Mara said...

All that missed love! Poor little dogs.

i beati said...

hi lindy lookin good

Tammy said...

I LOVE the look on Lindy's face--slightly wounded yet dignified about the fact that she must sit there while her daddy photographs another!

Sylvia K said...

You always look good to me, Lindy! But I surely don't like snow! It was so deep here for a while I'd freeze my belly button every time went for a walk!!

Sam Schnauzer

Gattina said...

We have ONE little dog in the street and 3 big once. The little one barks for all the others ! It's terrible, when he is alone he barks the whole day without interruption ! Finally I had enough and told my neighbors they had to do something, now she takes him with her, he was so unhappy to be alone the whole day.

Pat said...

Lindy is a beautiful girl!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Lovely post.
Lindy is beautiful dog and has a very cool character.

Regards and best wishes