Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thursday Theme Song: come on, do...




Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
I know you'll get to like it 
If you give it a chance now 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
My little baby sister can do it with ease 
It's easier than learning your ABCs 
So come on, come on, 
Do the locomotive with me 
You swing your caboose now 
Come on baby, jump, jump the track 
Oh well I think you got the knack 
Now that you can do it 
Let's make a train now 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
Chug-a chug-a your hips like a railway train now 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
Do it nice and easy now, don't lose control 
A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul 
So come on, come on, 
Do the locomotive with me 
You swing your caboose now 
Come on, come on, 
Do the locomotive with me 
Yeah 

Move around the track in a loco-motion 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
Do it linked together if you gotta notion 
(C'mon baby ride the locomotive) 
Never been a dance so a-track-tive to do 
They even blow the whistle 
When they're feeling blue 
So come on, come on, do the locomotive with me 
You swing your caboose now 
Come on, come on, 
Do the locomotive with me 
Yeah 
Come on, come on, 
Do the locomotive with me 
You swing your caboose now



Posted for
Hootin' Anni's
Thursday Theme 
Song
Thanks, Anni! My favorite meme!



9 comments:

Ella said...

You are so funny! I can see a group doing this, lol
Well Done on the prompt!
Thanks for your kind words today~
I will email you soon :D

Martha Z said...

I wish the US had a great rail system as they do in Europe. I remember when we did. My aunt crossed the country several times by train in the 50's and my grandmother would travel to LA from San Francisco on the "Daylight", one of the many trains that are no more.

Joyful said...

I definitely remember this song...16 years old I took the bus to the next town to spend the night with my cousins. My uncle's rock band was playing a gig in town and this was one of the songs we danced to! So many years ago *sigh. LOL

Gattina said...

I am rock and rolling on my chair, too lazy to get up ! We danced a lot on this song !!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I remember this song, as I grow older, I am not a fan of artiste and pop stars.

ksdoolittle said...

Now that really dates us, doesn't it! Great pictures to accompany the lyrics.

Lighthousegal said...

I love how you change up the lyrics of the songs....always so fun!
I have definitely heard this song before. I guess my favorite version of it is by Kylie Minogue from the 80s. It is such a fun song.
I have only rode a train for a short trip, but it wasn't bad. It was a school field trip when my son was in the 4th grade. The trip was only 22 miles. It starts at the Ky. Railway Museum and returns there. (Engines at both ends of the train, one leaves the depot and the other brings you back)I enjoyed the trip leaving, but the return trip I was riding backwards, so that was a bit strange.
Other than that trip my train rides have only been the ones at amusement parks or the zoo. Oh, and the Monorail at Disney World.
Anyway, I enjoyed your post. The photos were all great and tell the Locomotive story well!!
Happy Thursday!!

EG CameraGirl said...

OH NO! Now I'll be humming that tune in my sleep tonight! :))

Hootin Anni said...

I remember this song...and especially a great long time friend of mine in high school. She used to do the locomotion so easily...she was my hero. I was all feet...she on the other hand would glide and make it look easy.

Love all the locomotive images.

Great song.