Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

For Real Toads: springtime in Paris












All that glitters
is not gold—
diamonds glitter, too,













© Photos Kay Davies and Richard Schear, 2011

although the streets of Paris seemed
to drip with gold when seen last spring,
and blossoms held more beauty
than we'd yet beheld before,






when comes our late spring here at home,
when breeze is soft and air is warm,
we won't begrudge Parisians
their golden domes and elegant homes
and softer, gentler seasons.


Gardens and apartments beside the Eiffel Tower.
Posted for
Open Link Monday at Imaginary Garden with Real Toads
© Photos Kay Davies and Richard Schear, 2011

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truer words (and all that) - I at least won't begrudge anyone anything then (but yesterday we still had a sprinkling of snow). Gorgeous photos, lovely words...

Abin Chakraborty said...

here to more such trips and equally pleasant returns...cheers!

"' said...

Paris je t'aime!

I loved the first stanza! True diamonds are so much sparkly than gold- and I have never thought about them that way!

I liked the pictures too. You clicked them?

"' said...

the first four I mean.

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Apeetha Ravi — My husband (Richard Schear) took most of the photos. I've been having trouble with my eyes, but he is always ready with a camera.
Thanks for visiting and commenting!
K

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Lovely!

Laura said...

wonderful...been a long time since I last visited Paris.

Laurie Kolp said...

How beautiful... wish I could go!

shawnacy said...

paris... and in the springtime no less.
someday.

Kay said...

Oh lucky you! You got to see Paris in the springtime.

Cezar and Léia said...

The Golden detail is outstanding in these compositions, so wonderful pictures! :)
Léia

Mary said...

Gold has many guises; and I think spring anywhere is golden!

Scarlet said...

I would love to go to Paris in spring...this is my dream vacation ~

kaykuala said...

Ah ha! Gay Paree! A city for lovers. Been there a long time ago. Your hubby sure is great with the camera! The pics are lovely, Kay!

Hank
A welcomed relief, WV free!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I always feel like hopping on a plane when I read your posts.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love it. And yes, everywhere is beautiful in spring!

Herotomost said...

I still may hold a grudge...although here in AZ it is kind of spring from October to June....so what am I complaining about. Beautiful poem.

Reader Wil said...

I saw Paris in autumn with my mum. Still it was beautiful.
I like your golden photos!

Jinksy said...

Spring in any guise is beautiful...