Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ella's Edge for Real Toads: movies

Okay, I'm going to give you a few hints, and some of you may be old enough to guess my all-time lifetime favorite movie.
There's even a prize. I'll send you a ticket just like the ones in the photo Ella posted for her movie challenge today at Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.
She asked members of the writers' group, and anyone who has a favorite movie, to write a poem, either about the movie, or using the title of the movie, or quoting lines from it. I did some of those things, but I didn't use the title.
*

younger than springtime,
I was just a cockeyed optimist
in love with a wonderful guy,
and this nearly was mine.
*
some enchanted morning
without any warning
you will meet a stranger:
you will be in danger
despite the crowded room.
*
two hundred and one
pounds of fun
was my great big honey-bun
but a load of honey-bun
broke my ribs
one by one.
*
when I washed that man
right out of my hair,
who knew I’d be fined
for polluting?
it wasn’t the creme rinse
or the shampoo solution...
the environmental officer
said my voice was noise pollution.

11 comments:

kaykuala said...

Kay, couldn't figure this out. Must bea love story!

Hank

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hee hee, clever!!

Dianne said...

And now you've got me singing Kay ...... South Pacific was a wonderful production with the most lively toe- tapping music from Rodgers and Hammerstein. I loved it too.

Susie Clevenger said...

I love this...and your humor especially the ending...I have polluted the environment with my voice on occasion.

Ella said...

Oh, I know this song! It is something to do with Paradise or Pacific...augh! I loved your take on this! Great imagery and I like how you wrote it and made it a game!
Fun!!!

Lew said...

Beautiful spot! I am guessing "South Pacific" is your movie.

Mary Ann Potter said...

Enjoyed this! I loved this movie, too, and now I'll be singing those songs in my head today. Nifty, fun poem. Small observation: you can almost tell the ages of folks who have responded to your work!

Kerry O'Connor said...

You are the queen of the mash-up, Kay.

cosmos cami said...

Hank hasn't seen South Pacific. :)

So fun!

Marian said...

i love this poem AND south pacific. winning!

Cathy Feaster said...

I haven't seen South Pacific, but I LOVE Rogers and Hammerstein. I might have to add this to my must see list, huh? The poem was a trip :)