Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: Marseille party sky

©  Richard Schear photo
The sky in the Mediterranean French city of Marseille was full of bright-colored pieces of paper, like giant confetti, during a huge city-wide party at the waterfront in the spring of 2011. There was a parade, there were performances, and there were plenty of people, in costume and in everyday clothing, from all over town as each neighborhood tried to outdo the other in style and pizzazz.

Posted for SkyWatch Friday.
To see other skies from other parts of the world, please click HERE!

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun, colorful capture for the day and such beautiful blue skies for a background!! I love it! Hope you have a great weekend, Kay! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Carver said...

Wonderful shot of Marsaille. That's somewhere I visited long ago and strange to say I don't think I took a single picture there. I regret that when I traveled more, I wasn't into photography. Now that I seldom travel beyond my state I photograph every blade a grass.

ksdoolittle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Hildred said...

I love that picture, Kay, - it is so festive and the colours against the blue sky make it all very gay - very French.

P.S. - love the locomotion song....

Joyful said...

Love this photo too Kay. Very fun!

Dianne said...

The French know how to throw a party ..... I would have loved to been there.

Gattina said...

I will be landing there on Feb 28 !and I stay with Claudie near Toulouse for a good week. It's not warm there as usual but at least the sun is shining and I will see Palm trees, lol !
You know I first thought it was Eastbourne in England, the buildings look so very much alike. But I had read somewhere that the English built a lot along the French Rivera !

Cezar and Léia said...

A wonderful and happy scenery in this picture, awesome capture dear Kay, congratulations!
Léia

Mª Zélia said...

Parabéns pelo registro deste belo momento! O colorido suave dos confetes saudando as pessoas da festa criou um quadro espetacular!!!
Bjs

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

What a frabjous day to be there! What fun.