Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

With Real Toads: Laurie's word: ethereal


the daytime moon
the nighttime sea
and, in between,
an ethereal perfume
of salt-soaked air:
pacific



© Photos by Kay Davies, Oregon coast, 2011

Today's Word with Laurie is ethereal which means celestial, heavenly, unworldly, spiritual, intangible, delicate; or relating to or containing the chemical ether, which makes my phrase "ethereal perfume" seem somewhat redundant. Claiming poetic license, however, I submit the above poem to
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads as my response to today's prompt.

14 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yes, Kay! You captured this one perfectly.

Laurie Kolp said...

Ahh, Kay- these are lovely pictures. Thanks so much for participating.

ksdoolittle said...

It's lovely.....perfect, actually. Well done, Kay!! The accompanying photos clinched it for me!! ~karen

Maude Lynn said...

This is perfect!

WinterWrites said...

Beautiful!

Herotomost said...

I have my flip flops...I'll pick you up in an hour and I promise I will not wear a speedo. I love me some ocean....great work.

Jo said...

I've always loved the word, ethereal, but here you captured it so well. And purrs from the kitties to you, Dick and Lindy. of course, hugs from me! Have a great weekend.

Mary said...

Salt soaked air.
In some ways we were thinking along the same track@
Nice.

Marian said...

yes! i'll be right there.

Mr Puddy said...

perfume of salt-soaked air ? I wonder who buy it ....Ha..Ha...Ha...Kay, Imagine that ; )

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I would buy that perfume, to spray around my house, to go with the cd's of waves rolling in! hee hee.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos and words... I love

an ethereal perfume
of salt-soaked air:
pacific


especially love that you left pacific uncapitalized, making me think of the dictionary definition as well as the ocean near which I live

zongrik said...

nothing like standing on the shore and looking out to the ocean

four brilliance senryu

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Beautiful!