Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mag 105: telephone in field

Each week, from Willow Manor, comes a photo prompt for writer-bloggers. Magpie Tales (aka The Mag) encourages us to use our imaginations to find the story within the picture.
Here is this week's photo, along with my response to it.
To enjoy other writers' responses as well, please click HERE!


The Pink Light
by Agatha C. Tea



prompt photo by epic mahoney

“Hullo, is that young Constable Parkin? Sergeant Mahoney here, I think we have a problem in the field near Tweeksbury. Yes, a problem. Strange coloured lights here by the phone box, and an orange glow over the town. Better track down that London chap who was here enquiring about UFOs this afternoon. I know we pooh-poohed his questions, but perhaps we should have paid more attention. He did say the prime minister and the army were looking into it, but we sent him off with a flea in his ear. No, no, I didn’t say you should flee from here, I said ‘a flea’...oh, never mind. If I hurry, I might catch him before his train leaves. No, no, I didn’t say he trains leaves. How can you train a leaf? I said...hullo? Hullo? Constable Parkin? Are you there, man? Hullo? He must have hung up. That pink light is getting quite bright now, I’d better be on my...”

21 comments:

Christine said...

well! That's that, then!

Brian Miller said...

oip! smiles...this was a fun read...def chuckles...

KaHolly said...

Aren't you the clever one?? Well done, Kay!

kaykuala said...

Great story Kay! Those in authority is often impatient.

Hank

TALON said...

Kay, I loved this take on the photo. I haven't heard the term "flea in his ear" since my Mom passed away. :)

Looks like Sgt. Mahoney is going to have a very interesting report to fill out if (when) he returns!

Leslie said...

hahahahaha, LOVE it!

Mara said...

I love all that 'train leaves' stuff. We have a great advert like that now that starts off with: I had to avoid a duck (eend in Dutch)and swerved into a tree (boom in Dutch) and ends up with: so you have a bomb (bom) in your Eend (type of car) and they send out the bomb squad!

Phil Slade said...

Very inventive Kay but being well traveled you will know these things happen in Tweekesbury UK all the time.

Frances Garrood said...

Lovely Magpie, Kay! By the way, how do you remove the word verificatoin thing? The new one (where did it come from?) is driving me mad!

Unknown said...

I downloaded you "Rescued Breed" picture and put it on my blog. I hope it is OK? Best regards, L

izzy said...

Great Job! it was really hard to hear clearly! love your scene!

Susan Anderson said...

Emjoyed this, especially the listener's lack of listening skills.

=)

jabblog said...

I like this - it does look rather surreal doesn't it?

Unknown said...

I liked that you were able to use a one sided conversation to get the whole story told right to the end, where the main character may have had a much longer journey than he anticipated. A very creative response to the prompt, Kay. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Berowne said...

Well written, enjoyable...

Helen said...

Love where you took us with this ...

Little Nell said...

An unusual and witty response, which made me smile.

Doctor FTSE said...

Goodbye, then, Sergeant Mahoney. You served us well.
Excellent, eerie little story.

Jinksy said...

Nice one!
And I must say, I LOVE your
'Ban word verification' logo - can I pinch it from you to display on my blogs?

Mystic_Mom said...

Love this...just great fun and great craft!

Tess Kincaid said...

Flea! I mean flee!