Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mag 103: heart and stone


Each week, a photo comes from Willow Manor, as an inspiration to writer-bloggers everywhere. For some weeks now, no photos from Magpie Tales have spoken to me, but today's prompt produced this little poem in a matter of mere minutes.
It happens that way sometimes, doesn't it?
Today's photo comes from the Novodevichy Cemetery in Moscow, one of the many places we didn't visit when we were in Moscow last year, and I don't know the name of the photographer. Thanks, however, to Tess for posting it.





He holds my heart
in the hands of a sculptor,
my soul reflected therein.
My body lies
beneath the stone
here, in remembrance of him.


16 comments:

Kay said...

a really beautiful poem...x

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely epitaph...

Other Mary said...

A lovely epithet tribute.

jabblog said...

I shall think long and hard about this - much to ponder in so few words.

anthonynorth said...

Beautifully done.

Christine said...

beautiful

Brian Miller said...

and there is some nice soul within your words as well...smiles.

izzy said...

My-my- thanks for the lovely short
poem!

Susan Anderson said...

I think you've captured this prompt perfectly.

=)

Mystic_Mom said...

This caught my heart...love it!

Leslie said...

lovely, Kay :)

Cad said...

A neat epitaph. :)

Doctor FTSE said...

Lovely and sad.

Donna B. said...

This is beautiful.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Beautiful!

Anna :o]

Chèvrefeuille said...

This one makes me speechless. I touches me deep, the words written could be on a tombstone.