Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Succinctly yours: revolution

Each week, at Grandma's Goulash, we are given a prompt photo as well as a word of the week. Grandma's daughter, Calico, chooses the word before seeing the photo. Then writer-bloggers are asked to write about the photo in 140 words or less, or in 140 characters or less, including spaces and punctuation, and to include the word of the week if we'd like, and if we can.
Well, this week's photo and word of the week (revolution) just added up to one thing in my mind, and I could't think of anything else...

Photo provided as prompt
"You say you want a revolution, well, you know we all want to change the world. But when you talk about destruction...you can count me out."

So, my 140 characters, including spaces and punctuation, this week include quotation marks because this is a bit from my favorite Beatles song Revolution from their White Album. (This song is also known as "Revolution 1" to distinguish it from "Revolution Number 9" which is completely different.)

Posted for

8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

YES! Love it!

anthonynorth said...

Yes, destruction not good. nice one.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I'll have that song in my head all day now! Good job!

Pat said...

I started humming that tune as soon as I read the first phrase. Perfect words for this week's picture, Kay!

Jim said...

I'm with you, Kay. The nice little old lady (LOL) wouldn't destroy a flea hive.
Yes, I should have had a heart. Perhaps next week.

Grandma's Goulash said...

I love the song and the sentiment. Nice choice for the photo.

Akelamalu said...

Great choice to illustrate the pic and word!

Elaine said...

Quoting from the song - very clever!