Followers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thursday Theme Song: ...weather



© Photos by Richard Schear, October, 2011

The weather forecast here for Hallowe'en said mixed rain and snow. It was right. But the stormy weather didn't last very long—about as long, I'd say, as this beautiful song by the immortal Ella Fitzgerald.
Take it away, Ella...


Posted for Hootin' Anni's musical meme
Thursday Theme Song
This song doesn't need me to rewrite the music. Just take a look at the sky photographed by my husband as he walked our dog Lindy on Hallowe'en night, then listen to this wonderful lady.
To hear what songs inspired other bloggers this week, please click HERE!

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great captures for the day and the perfect song! Hope your week is going well, Kay! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ooooooh, BRRRRRRRRR!

Lighthousegal said...

Awesome pictures! The first one looks like your hubby had his own little black cloud as it seems to be right over him while just ahead are soft white clouds against a sea of blue skies.
The song seems to fit them very well. And, Ella was the perfect voice to make it complete. Well Done!!

SquirrelQueen said...

It does look like stormy weather, the same kind they have predicted for us tomorrow night.

Ella has such a wonderful voice but I still can't decide if I like her version or Lena Horne's best.

Kay said...

I just took a photo of rain falling over Pearl Harbor yesterday and was pretty proud of myself... until I saw your photos, or Dick's. Awesome! These are really, really spectacular. I love them!

Leslie said...

funny how the rain over the prairie looks much like the rain over the ocean...

Hootin Anni said...

Oh ya baby....I love this song "Stormy Weather" and oftentimes sing it out loud to much chagrin of Bud. He thinks I sing off key...well, he's tone deaf. LOLOLOL

Fabulous photos of the weather patterns.

Powell River Books said...

Our kids had a cool, but rainless, night to enjoy trick or treat. We don't get any visitors up at the cabin, but I bet the town was busy. - Margy