Followers

Friday, November 4, 2011

Funny Bunny Friday: some fun bunnies

Participating for the first time in Funny Bunny Friday at The Purple Treehouse. The rules are easy to follow: just post something funny on the first Friday of each month.
These bunnies live in our neighborhood. We often see them near our cars, or in our front yard, and my husband Dick and our dog Lindy see them while they're out for their daily walk. The rabbits seem to have learned Lindy is on a leash and can't chase them. As Lindy's mom, I think she wouldn't chase them anyway.

There once was a bunny named Hunny
Who didn't, of course, have much money.
She ate grass and shoots,
With various roots,
And said, "I don't need your cash, sonny!"
*
Hi, I'm Sunny. See how the sun shines through my ears?

I'm Runny Bunny... on your mark, get set, go...

And I'm Hunny. I just sit here and eat grass!

14 comments:

The Cello Strings said...

funny wording, smiles.

Powell River Books said...

I don't think I ever remember seeing a bunny here in Powell River. - Margy

Friko said...

Pest! that's what the bunny is. Even a funny bunny.

It sneaks into my garden and eats the flowers.

Blossom Vydrina said...

lovely photos and excellent limerick, one of the forms that gives me trouble

Jenn Jilks said...

That's so cute! I love the bunnies. Happy when the cats don't kill them... sigh.

Maggie Patti Barbara Frankford-Walton said...

what funny and lovely bunny piece, it hops and pops.

smiles.

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Don't think of bunnies the same way since I've been gardening for these 40 years - they think of my garden as the earlybird buffet!

Thanks so much for your visits, Kay. So glad that you enjoy my artwork!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, nice sentiments! K.

One said...

Lovely photos with a delightful poem. Did you take these photos yourself? The bunny seems comfortable with close-ups.

Misty DawnS said...

Love it! This made me think of one of my posts I did about a bunny and included a poem. I think you'll get a kick out of it.
http://www.mistysmusings.com/2010/06/sooc-sunday-mr-bunny-rabbit.html

Kay said...

We have a ton of Hunnys in Illinois!

Mihir Vatsa said...

ROFL! So cute! The poem and bunnies!

Anonymous said...

I shared it with the Grand children they ooood and aaaaah.
Thanks
ZQ

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

this is cute!