Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thursday Theme Song: Canadian...

It's time once more for Hootin' Anni's musical meme
Thursday Theme Song
with a little tribute to my country, in the voice of Andy Williams.
Thanks for continuing my favorite meme, Anni!
To see what songs inspired other bloggers, please click  HERE!




Once
I was
alone
So lonely
and then
You came,
out of nowhere
Like the sun
up from the hills


Cold, cold was the wind
Warm, warm were your lips
Out there, on that ski trail
Where your kiss filled me with thrills



A weekend in Canada,
a change of scene
Was the most 
I bargained for
And then I discovered you
and in your eyes
I found the love 
that I couldn't ignore

Down, down
came the sun
Fast, fast, fast
beat my heart
I knew
when the sun set
From that day,
we'd never part


© Photos by Kay Davies and Richard Schear    

7 comments:

Powell River Books said...

I have a Canadian favourite song. It's by Sloan and called "The Rest of My Life." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygejqgBm9l0 It was my theme song while waiting for residency approval. Listen and you'll see why. - Margy

Joyful said...

How sweet :-)

SquirrelQueen said...

Gorgeous shots Kay! I love that song.
Enjoy your weekend.
Judy

Kay said...

Kay, you and Dick make such a beautiful couple... ummm... forgot to add Lindy! You're a beautiful family. Have a wonderful day.

Friko said...

Heavens, I'd forgotten all about AW. There was a time when I really liked him.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How wonderful and romantic.......sigh.

Kay said...

Gorgeous photos and wonderful words, Kay! Have a glorious weekend.