Followers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Our World Tuesday: a few days in our world


Above, the full moon in a sky of deep blue velvet.
November 10, 2011



Left, the moon trying to hide its light behind a tree.
November 11, 2011


Dick and Lindy pretty much stick to the red shale walking paths when they go out, but on November 13 this mountain-biker was riding on a trail carved on the side of the coulee slope by generations of deer, antelope and other wildlife. In the photo below, you can see the animals don't always make the trail very wide.


A rather raggedy skein of geese fly overhead, Nov. 13.
On November 14, the prairie seems to stretch into the distance forever.
A flock of pigeons imitating a skein of geese, Nov. 14.

Posted for
Our World Tuesday,
a second-generation meme
in memory of Klaus Peter, founder of My World Tuesday.
To see other worlds from around this planet, please click  HERE!


13 comments:

One said...

I really like that hideous looking moon. I must go moon hunting.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

geese or pigoens, I love flocks of birds in flight.

Carver said...

Wonderful shots from your world. I love the shots of the moon and the ones of the cyclist really show the expanse of land. Great captures of the birds in flight.

Penelope Notes said...

These are really nice captures, Kay, and it’s nice to see the world you call home where there is so much beauty. The prairie photo of land and sky reminds me of the Sahara. The biker looks intriguing on that long narrow path made by the animals and the moon even more intriguing in the velvet sky. I’m looking forward to seeing you soon in BC where there is definitely no snow yet. :)

Rajesh said...

Superb shots. Moon hiding is too good.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do love the shots of the moon! Marvelous a romantic moon and a scary, Halloween moon! That's an interesting looking place where the cyclist is! The birds are beautiful! Your world has many faces today! Terrific! Hope your week is off to a good start, Kay!

Sylvia

Martha Z said...

I don't think I will take up mountain biking. I'll stick to the road, thank you.
That image of the lonely prairie speaks to me but I have a feeling that if I spent to much time there I might find I had a case of agoraphobia. I like to be cocooned by my mountains.

Carola Bartz said...

I like this collection of photos from your world. The prairie is beautiful, and I like your views of the moon. Oh, and the birds...

Anonymous said...

I like your moon pictures. And the birds in flight.

Arija said...

I think that mountain biker and I would get on rather well. my feet always seek out animal tracks. Nice, open place.

Romina said...

Yes the moon truly is a beautiful photo in your world and it's like a long trail for the biker to continue his ride.

Powell River Books said...

That's not a trail for me for sure. When I was in Steveston there was a huge flock of geese on the other side of a small marina. The noise they made as they started to take flight was almost deafening even at a distance. I waited to take their picture, but them barely came into view and then settled back down out of sight. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots! Love the big moon and that cyclist on the very edge of that tiny narrow path.