Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Watery Wednesday: Spanish splashing

This is one of my favorite close-ups of a fountain. My husband, Richard Schear, took this photo when he went on a tour to Seville, Spain, a tour I chose to forego because I wasn't prepared for the time and energy it took. Instead, I chose a shorter tour in Cadiz, where our Royal Caribbean cruise ship had docked.
My much healthier husband enjoyed Seville very much. It was December, 2008, and our cruise left from Barcelona to visit other ports in Spain as well as Madeira, and Lisbon, Portugal, Casablanca, and the Canary Islands.

© Photo by Richard Schear, December, 2008

Posted for Watery Wednesday
the meme where we're invited by 2sweetnsaxy to "get our eyes wet"!

13 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

Great watery picture. Last Spring we spent the day in Cadiz too! I thought it was a love place and adored all the winding streets and alleys. Seville was just too far away.

Kim, USA said...

I agree this is beautiful!

Watery Wednesday

Fay Campbell said...

Mmmmmm the prize is enjoying the water, no matter the spigot~

Fran said...

Seville is a beautiful city and this picture is lovely x

Ebie said...

I could play a musical tune with your title post.

The fountain is an eye catching beauty!

Romina said...

Just beautiful water splash photo. I hope you had enjoyed your tour and the rest.

SquirrelQueen said...

I can see why this one is a favorite, it is a beautiful shot. I would love to visit Spain some day.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

This is my favourite too. I like how you focus on the water.

Anonymous said...

Oooooo that's very pretty! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Dianne said...

This is a great shot Kay - I can even see the droplets of water as they cascade through the air lovely! Oh! how I'd love to visit Spain one day.

Karen said...

I like the composition with the fountain jets rising high.

Mara said...

It looks like a lot of people spitting their water up in the air!

Unknown said...

love the fountain in front of this tower:)