Followers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mellow Yellow Monday: Scottsdale, Arizona



This dove was well-camouflaged in front of this large cactus, with its yellow buds about to flower.

Photos by Kay Davies and Richard Schear

Yes, I'm away again, but I'm not in Arizona. These photos are from a trip with Dick's employers and colleagues a few years ago.
Right now, Dick and our dog Lindy are home and I'm in White Rock, BC, visiting friends and family. I went into Vancouver today to have lunch with three old friends, and met a new friend, another blogger: Penny (Joyful), whose photo blog is called "Snap That". We had a wonderful visit, which lasted much longer than either of us expected, a sure sign new friends have plenty in common.
Posted for
Mellow Yellow Monday
hosted each week by Drowsey Monkey.
To see other mellow yellows from around the world, please click HERE!

9 comments:

Powell River Books said...

The first plant reminds me of Scotch Broom in the spring. Once Wayne and I flew into the Scottsdale Airport. The hotel next to the runway offered room specials to pilots. When I tried to check in they didn't want to give me the special. Guess girls weren't supposed to fly in those days. When Wayne showed up at the deck they were all gracious. - Margy

Kim, USA said...

Wow looks like you have a sunny day!
MYM

diane b said...

It is always fun to meet a blog friend. I love the Arizona cacti.

Joyful said...

Oh Kay, these photos make me think of warmth and sun. Something we are missing here right now, though it was lovely that the sun came out for the Grey Cup game. It was icing on the cake that Vancouver won the game while we talked on. It was wonderful to meet you and I hope we have more chances to visit and fellowship in future. Have fun on the reset of your stay. Blessings. xx

Old Raven said...

I love the warmth coming out of these photos. And thank for letting me know about Mellow Yellow Monday.

Gattina said...

The pictures are beautiful ! but the fact that you are with family and friends is even better ! Enjoy your stay !!

Jeannette StG said...

Even within CA (up in Sacramento, where we were for Thanksgiving) it was in the 50ties, and coming back to L.A. it was 81 two days later! Happy MYM!

cassandrasminicorner said...

Yellow cactuses? They're pretty:)

Visiting for MYM! Hope you can visit me too:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/11/pop-the-pig-game.html

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those cactus looks Gorgeous! Visiting from Mellow Yellow Monday

Golden Leaves, have a great week.

PS.. Join my free scrapbook software giveaway, it ends in two days.