Followers

Friday, November 18, 2011

Book Blurb Friday: listen to the ocean


She stood there and watched. The waves came in, the sun came up, the birds flew past, but she didn’t hear the sound of his boat. He had fished overnight before, but never without telling her about it.
When she went back to the house to get the children their breakfast, when she was paying attention to them as they trustingly accepted: “Daddy fished all night, and will be home soon,” while they chattered about all the fish he would have caught, he did come home.
But he had changed.
The children couldn’t tell. They were in a hurry to go outside to play with their friends.
But she knew he had changed.
“Listen,” he said, when she asked him what was wrong. “Listen to the ocean.”
“Didn’t I listen this morning?” she thought. “I listened, but heard nothing.”
Listen,” he said again. “Listen carefully. I’m going to bed.”
149 words
Posted for
Book Blurb Friday
hosted by
Lisa Ricard Claro at Writing in the Buff
Each week, Lisa posts a photo (this week by Joseph Claro) to inspire other writer-bloggers to imagine a book, of which the above photo is the front cover, and to write a "blurb" (maximum 150 words) for the back cover to entice people to buy this book.
To see how the prompt photo inspired other writer-bloggers, please click

8 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kay, I can't wait to read more of this story. You have my attention, but I don't quite get what is going to happen next.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see me!

Kathy M.

Lynn said...

I'd definitely wait in line to buy this book!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness, Kay. I DO want to know what happened next. :)

One said...

He must have heard the mermaid singing. It could have been Ariel. Oh! Did she lose her voice?

Grandma's Goulash said...

Awesome job of building suspense, Kay. You didn't give anything away, but it gave me chills. I'd be buying this one to get the full story. Sure you don't want to write it?

jabblog said...

This is an intriguing book blurb. My imagination has been piqued.

Tammy said...

Ooh, how enigmatic! What a tease you are. Your fisherman story lured me right in!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Just enough mystery to hook me! I'm ready to see what happens next! It could go so many different ways.