Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Watery Wednesday: ship to ship to shore

© Photo by Kay Davies

On the first day of our visit to Russia this past August, my husband insisted upon going ashore to explore. I chose to nap but, when I woke up, I amused myself by taking photos through our open cabin window. This is obviously the place for cruise ships to dock in St. Petersburg. We had crossed this bridge a few hours earlier on the bus Viking River Cruises sent to pick up passengers from the airport. A Russian guide was on the bus with us, so we had a guided tour before we ever boarded the Viking Surkov.

Posted for Watery Wednesday,
the meme where 2sweetnsaxy invites us to "get our eyes wet"!
To see what wetted the eyes of other photo-bloggers, please click
HERE!

13 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Hope you enjoy our west coast water just as much. - Margy

Judy said...

Unique perspective! But that just makes it more interesting, because no one else has captured it...

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely capture for the day! I have so enjoyed your shots from your Russia tour! This one is terrific with the other ships and the bridge in the background! Hope your week is going well, Kay! Enjoy!

Sylvia

genie said...

I can just see you there taking picture thru the cabin window. We camera people will take a picture anytime and anywhere. At first aI thought this was in black and white and then I saw the red “No-No” sign on the chain and the blue railing. Boy,my eyes are really getting old! Love this shot...the perspective is wonderful and so interesting. Such a fine capture. genie

Water come to me,
flow over my aging toes,
bring your soothing touch.

Carole M. said...

what an interesting cruise this would'v been

ruma said...

Hello, Kay L. Davies.

 The graceful sense wraps your artworks.

 Thank you World-wide love and, encouragement.

The traditional kimono children, it is celebrated growth.

vivid colored leaves, in lovely atmosphere.

The prayer for all peace.
I wish You all the best.

Have a good day.
Greetings.
From Japan, ruma ❀

Jeannette StG said...

Great view for a black and white! And I see a beautiful bridge (?) in the distance.

Fran said...

I wonder what the equivalent nautical term is for a traffic jam x

Jo said...

Once again, your photo angles and the grey colours are striking! I love this and the next post of the street dancers in Paris. Blessings. Jo

Francisca said...

Heavens, Kay! I don't recall ever seeing FOUR cruise ships in one place! Looks like a perfect grey day for a nap, though.

Cezar and Léia said...

oh lucky you!I imagine this trip was a dream!Cool angle in this picture, bravo!
Léia

Kim, USA said...

Fantastic shot!

The Falls

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks beautiful. Not how I picture Russia. Thanks for posting.