Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Watery Wednesday: Baddeck, Nova Scotia

Photos by Kay Davies


It was just one of those days during my solo cross-Canada train and rental-car trip last year. I set out to find the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, which is supposed to be located somewhere near this corner in the town of  Baddeck on  beautiful Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. However, when I saw the water, I just had to stop the car and snap a couple of photos, without thinking of composition or crooked power poles (or maybe telephone poles, near the Bell museum). I was just thinking, "The water is so beautiful. I love it."

Posted for
Watery Wednesday
the meme wherein 2sweetnsaxy invites us to "get our eyes wet"!
To see what wetted the eyes of other photo-bloggers, please click on the name.

14 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

The sight of water will always make me stop or break my neck looking.
:-) Have a great WW!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful scenery and you captured it so well!!

My Watery post, come see it when you get a chance.

Unknown said...

in the first pic the water is so smooth that it took me a few seconds before I saw it!

Faye said...

Sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable power or telephone lines in your shots--I've got lots at sunset level. Nova Scotia is on my travel list. It is obviously quite beautiful by your photos.

Jim said...

Good watery shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Kay said...

Oooooh! We loved Nova Scotia! I would sure not mind going back there again. Such nice people!

Unknown said...

Yes, water is beautiful!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How I would adore a solo train trip across the country. On my Bucket list.

genie said...

Fortunately I am one of those who does not mind the telephone wires in my photos. I think there is something nice about them. I like that linear quality. These photos are lovely. I have heard that Nova Scotia is beautiful. Maybe one day my husband and I will be able to visit. genie

Unknown said...

The water looks like so peaceful and calm. ^_^

Watery Wednesday

Martha Z said...

Arizona, Galapagos, Nova Scotia, you've been treating us to a whirlwind tour of the world this week.
We did a train trip across Canada a few years ago. It was wonderful and I'd love to do it again.
It sounds like you are enjoy yet another part of the world.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I found my old friends from Windsor uni and have been chatting. You will be happy to read this:

That trip gave me an ever lasting good impression of the Canadians. I was getting car sick, Martin stopped the car, and I vomitted on the road. One of the girls went to the door for some water. The lady of the house came and gave me a glass of orange juice. How about that?

SquirrelQueen said...

The water is so very beautiful. That power pole looks a lot like some of the ones I see here, nice and crooked.

Grandma's Goulash said...

The water is indeed beautiful. IMHO, the power pole accentuates the water. I like the very sharp circular shadow cast in the second picture too.