Followers

Monday, November 7, 2011

With Real Toads: Chapter 9

Kerry, of the writers’ group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, has announced today is, as always, the free-for-all (doesn’t that sound like fun?) known as Open Link Monday.
This unfittie is feeling particularly unfit today, so I have chosen to re-publish an entire short chapter (but not the shortest chapter) from The Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel.

CHAPTER 9—MORE ABOUT ME
My husband has read my manuscript to this point and thinks I haven’t told you enough about myself.
Although one’s self is often one’s favorite subject, I thought it over and decided this is merely a matter of misery loving company. Dick has to listen to all my woes, and has lived through many of them with me, so he thinks it would be easier for him if half the western world shared his misery.
I don’t think so.
You can tell I’m an unfittie if you can imagine a family doctor, a gerontologist, a rheumatologist, a gastroenterologist, three ophthalmologists, a podiatrist, a massage therapist, a sleep therapist, and a denturist; and if you know the pharmacist recognizes the old guy in the referee shirt as “Kay’s husband coming to pick up her meds.”
You don’t need to know the gory details. You probably have enough gore of your own.

8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hee hee, loved it! I had my own Aha moment the day I realised I knew my pharmacist's phone number off by heart but couldnt remember my daughter's!!!!

Lilly said...

it's nice to meet you :) whether you say you're an unfittie or not, the simple fact that you're open to what surrounds you is a great thing - namaste! :)

Abin Chakraborty said...

Kay, some people have less vitality of spirit, without any ailment/medication.you seem to embody the word 'gusto'.keep writing.

Powell River Books said...

Nice to know more about you. - Margy

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh my...the past few weeks I have spent more time with my doctors than my daughter... your love of life outweighs any medical issue... :)

Jinksy said...

And some Old Crocks still race between Brighton and London each year...some people are just a tough! LOL ( you may need to Google that particularly English phenomena! )

Scarlet said...

Nice to know this side of you...

Nevertheless, keep yourself busy and interested in life ~

Old Raven said...

I really love your attitude! You are very upbeat!