Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Doll story, for Margaret at Real Toads

Margaret, at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, has posted a second series of photos of dolls made by her daughter and fellow art classmates, to act as inspiration for the Sunday mini-challenge for Real Toads members and contributors.
I've chosen two pictures from this weekend's group, the first by Austin Cassie, and the second by Isabelle Rolles. The interpretation is mine, and does not represent the thoughts of the artists who made the dolls nor of Margaret who photographed them.



'ere, 'ere, wot's this?
wot's this, then?
a spot o' trouble, is it?
doncher know
we can't 'ave that?
no, we can't 'ave that 'ere,
it just won't do,
it simply won't do,
anuvver word outer you
an' Ill 'ave yer
in the nick, then,
yes, I will.
wot's that?
a body?
you found a body?
'ere? 
be'ind wot?
be'ind there?
oh, no, this won't do,

oh, it is a body, then,

yer right,
and yer say it's
nuffink ter do wiv you?
(blows whistle)

well, then, when me mates
'ave arrived,
we'll see about that,
an' we'll 'ave ter
'ave yer down to The Yard
fer pertick'lers, like,
yes, we will,
fer pertick'lers,
in case y've seen summat,
summat yer dunno y've seen

becos it just won't do,
it simply won't do.



14 comments:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Brilliant!
Bravo!
I SO could hear the voice!

Loved this!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So much fun and you have that accent DOWN!

Susan said...

Oh wow! You've captured the accent/regionalisms that I only know from films of GB Shaw or My Fair Lady and it's fun until they view the body, OH! Pretty successful, what!

Margaret said...

!! fer pertick'lers ... (he could have given her his coat :) Thanks for this "spot er fun' I'm not good at accents :)

Pearl Maple said...

Oh wow they are fun, love their attitude and personality.
Happy Holidays to you and the family.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love the way your use of accent gives such personality to your narrator.

Unknown said...

So funny - now when I look at the doll, all I can hear is this voice!

Fran said...

Fabulous! I will let you in to a secret, my husband is a true cockney and that is just how he speaks! Well done xxx

Helen said...

If you are looking for a grade ~~ I give this an A+!!

hedgewitch said...

What fun, Kay. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I loved it! This is awesome. :) I could never have done that.

Kay L. Davies said...

Thanks, everyone. The boy doll just said "British bobby" to me, and all the English mysteries I've ever read (squillions of them) provided the bobby's monologue.
K

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the accent you wrote in. Couldn't help, but read it out loud. Love it!

Chris Lawrence said...

loved the tale with twist of dialect brilliant