Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Revealing yesterday's mystery hostess

I thought I was being quite obvious in choosing Margaret Bednar as the lady who "invited" me and my motley crew to her home in yesterday's blog post.
Margaret didn't even recognize herself, however. Perhaps because I used a picture of a cow instead of a horse? Well, it was so cute, and I couldn't find a public domain drawing of a horse to match the cow ("kine" in my poem).
Public domain picture
And then, it turns out other members of the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads were much better at guessing than I was.
Oh well, for that I blame my old (or very, very late middle-aged) brain, which forgets things on a regular basis. You know that kind of it's-on-the-tip-of-my-tongue forgetting? Happens all the time. Drives me crazy.
Sigh.
I'm pretty sure none of the Toads wrote about me. Nobody mentioned little hobbit houses, or overweight Golden Retrievers, or Intrepid Photographers, or someone living where the deer and the antelope play.
But it was fun yesterday. Thank-you-very-much to my friend Ella of Ella's Edge for challenging the Real Toads to write about one another's houses.

2 comments:

Ella said...

I loved what you wrote~
I think we picked the ones that everyone would guess!
Though I tried to be tricky~
I thought about writing about all of us, but didn't have time. :D

I fear I will be targeted, at some time...lol









Sherry Blue Sky said...

Shoot, Kay, I wish I had thought of you.....it would have been so fun! I still can, you know......when you least expect it. And yes, sadly, I am all too familiar with forgetting. I wish it would work on the stuff I dont WANT to remember!!!!!