Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Skywatch Friday: sun on trees

Kay Davies photo, December, 2012

Several times every winter, when I see the lowering sun shining on the bare trees across the way, I just have to grab my little camera to try to capture some of that wonderful warm light.
They're always the same trees, of course, the ones I can see from the window by my computer desk that make me think "Ooh, picture!" and the same ones I can see from the porch when I run out in slippered feet to snap a shot.
So here we are, in southeastern Alberta, where the big prairie sky is full of surprises. Today it is sunshine again, as it was the day I took this picture. The temperature is hovering right around the freezing mark right now, and the dog has been outside rolling in the snow. All's right with our world.

Posted for
Skywatch Friday

11 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the look of the sunlight on those trees. Our dogs are loving rolling in the snow, too.

Sylvia K said...

Great captures, Kay! I love the golden tree against those blue-blue skies! Wishing you and your family a wonderful and very Merry Christmas Holiday!!

Sylvia

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Super! It's not that cold where I am yet, but it's getting there. I've really enjoyed your fabulous photos! You are quite the adventurer!

Thanks for visiting and enjoying my Jumping Dolphins! I've been trying to paint every day to improve my skill and, of course, have fun!

Merry Christmas!

Leslie said...

I love the image you paint here. I hope you feel well for Christmas (and I hope your pup gets something good in her stocking, because she's a very good girl :)

Gattina said...

The sun on the naked branches gives such a beautiful effect !

Andy said...

Count me in as another person that is also attracted to the light of the golden hour.

Mara said...

I have an okayish view out of the window (some houses and some proper view), but I have to look through very dirty windows. I might have to wash them once the temperatures stay above zero!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The trees are gilded in sunlight -- lovely. Merry Christmas.

Maude Lynn said...

That is so pretty!

Laura said...

that beautiful golden light always draws me in too!

Jenn Jilks said...

Indeed, all is right with the world. What is, just is. We do what we can to alleviate pain and suffering, but cannot solve all of the world's problems. I work with one client at a time.
None this week, as I have my cold I don't want to share.