Followers

Monday, December 17, 2012

Fun, and perhaps helpful

Writers, here's something we can use
(I know I can, anyway).

Margaret Duarte, at Enter the Between, has posted about the "blah-blah meter" which will gauge the level of unnecessariness (i.e. BS) in a paragraph or two of our writing.

It's fun, it's entertaining,
and might be very, very useful.

A recent post of mine registered 0.15, which is much better than 15.0, but not as good as the piece Margaret entered, which only registered 0.08.

I'm contemplating entering
something from the earliest bits of my blog: the first chapters of my work-stalled-in-progress, An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel.

Maybe I'll learn something from it.
Maybe it will hurt my feelings.
Maybe it will increase my sellability.
Maybe it will make me cry.

Who's game to give it a try?

Check out what Margaret says about it, HERE.



7 comments:

Grace said...

Thanks for the link and information ~

Will check it out ~

Mary said...

Looks like fun, Kay,

Kay said...

This is very interesting. I'm afraid to try it.

Herotomost said...

Pretty funny actually...I'm scared to use it...lol.

Marian said...

hah! everything i write is *totally* BS! :)

Ella said...

This is funny, but I too am scared to use it~ BS...doesn't that mean blood sugar, lol ;D

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hell, no, I'm too skeered! Hee hee.