Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pet Pride: look deep into my eyes

Photo by Richard Schear, 2012

If I look 'way into Lindy's beautiful brown eyes in this photo, I can see her daddy reflected in there as he takes the picture. This is one of the photos I sent to Canadian artist Aleta Karstad and, from the photos, Aleta painted a  lovely portrait of Lindy for her very proud, very surprised daddy. The portrait is now hanging in the living room near my husband's recliner.

Posted for Pet Pride
hosted by Lindy's friend Bozo and his family in Mumbai, India,
at their Pets Forever blog.

Lindy says, "Hi, Bozo. Try not to be afraid of those silly man-toys. My daddy has a big toy grader thing, and it picks things up, but I'm not afraid of it. I just go to sleep and ignore it."

15 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Lindy is beautiful! We would love to see her painting! Purrs!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Beautiful Golden Eyes. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Sherry Blue Sky said...

She is a beauty - and Jasmine is her twin, or at least a close cousin!!!!!

Kay said...

Now those are what I would call soulful eyes.... beautiful soulful eyes.

Rajesh said...

Very cute.

Fran said...

Beautiful, beautiful picture. You can see right to the heart of Lindy xxx

Mara said...

You are a beauty Lindy!

Fireblossom said...

Hi Lindy, it's me Bosco. Mommy had a big box in the kitchen where she liked to put all the dishes sometimes. It made a lot of noise and I didn't like it at all! But one day when she opened the front, it got sick all over the kitchen floor and it must have died cos Mommy never uses it anymore. Now she gives the dishes baths in the sink. As long as it isn't ME getting the bath, that's okay with me!

magiceye said...

You look lovely! Cant take my eyes off of you!!

Woof woof
from Bozo
Pets forever

Dianne said...

oh Lindy! you are so so beautiful

Sylvia K said...

You really are beautiful, Lindy! I love your eyes!!

Sam Schnauzer

jabblog said...

Beautiful! I'm sure Richard is absolutely delighted with her portrait.

Leslie said...

She does have beautiful eyes, but I especially love her nose :)

Leslie: said...

What a sweet shot! How old is she now?

Tammy said...

She is beautiful! What a lovely gift idea!