Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Theme Song Thursday: up on the...


When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space 



Up on the roof, it's peaceful as can be


And there the world below can't bother me


Let me tell you now
When I come home
feelin' tired and beat
I go up where 
the air is 
fresh and sweet


I get
away
from the
hustling
crowd







And
all
that
rat-race
noise
down 
in the 
street
 

On the roof,
the only
place
I know,
where you
just have
to wish
to make it so
  
© Photos by Richard Schear and Kay Davies  
Let's go up on the roof 


Photos from our San Diego holiday in March before our Mexican cruise. All photos except sea lions taken from the roof garden at the Worldmark.



Posted for
Thursday Theme Song
Thanks, Anni!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Golly, woman! Slow down ... San Diego ... Mexico ... what next?

I had to cancel my stay in Paris this autumn. Can you believe it is a year already since me supped near the Invalides?

Laurie Kolp said...

Sounds delightful... can I come, too?

Margaret said...

What? No sea lions allowed on the roof? :) Love the views atop a high roof in a city. (I was in Savannah, GA... and theirs had a pool :)

I liked the use of "Let me tell you...." :)

SquirrelQueen said...

Love all the roof top views. I love the area around San Diego, there is so much to see. I will be humming this song all day tomorrow.

Linda said...

You are quite the traveler, aren't you! Great photos for the song...had to laugh at the sea lion photo...could just see him in the hustling, bustling crowd!

Hootin Anni said...

Whoa.....'nother excellent adventure you've taken us on....along with good music, beautiful views. A perfect Thursday for us all.

My Mind's Eye said...

Kaye excellent summer time song and one I grew up singing and swaying too. Excellent job on your pictures.
Madi says hi to Lindy.
Madi and Mom

Lighthousegal said...

I love the roof top views, you can see so much from above it all. I really like the patterned shadows in the second photo. The song was the perfect choice for your photos. I'd like to have a rooftop with a beautiful view to escape to, maybe see the sunset or rise. Ahhh....peaceful just thinking about it! Happy Thursday!

Mara said...

I am not climbing up any roofs today: I would be falling off and dropping on rocks and a lot of snow. I don't know how long it would take an ambulance to get up here and I don't want to find out.

Great song though and love the photos!

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Mara
I wouldn't have been climbing stairs, either, but we went up by elevator.
K