Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Our World Tuesday: a blooming shame

I published a photo of my flowering Nanking Cherry already but I just want to explain a little bit about our world...
look at the blossoms...
Photo by Richard Schear, April 2012
Beautiful, aren't they?
But a few days later...see my car in the background?...a few days after my husband took this photo of the Nanking Cherry, my car was covered in snow. For a couple of days I couldn't even look at the back yard to see if the blossoms survived. I looked today, and I see they did weather the storm.
Whether there's weather, or whether there's not, this is our world, southeastern Alberta, Canada, where snow is possible any time of year, even in the middle of one of our scorching hot summers.

Posted for
Our World Tuesday
Click HERE to see other worlds on this same planet.

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I'm so glad it survived and is still as beautiful as ever! A bit of incredible beauty for all of our worlds! Have a great week, Kay!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

No real spring until after the 24 Th of May!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Penelope Notes said...

Wow … if these blossoms can recover from a sudden heavy snowfall they are tougher than they look and anything can happen!

Karen said...

Beautiful bush Kay! We had snow last week in Ontario.

kaykuala said...

Lucky you Kay! We're 'snowless' in our part of the world. What we wouldn't give just for a fluff.

Hank

Jim said...

I agree. So beautiful.

Black Jack's Carol said...

Yes! Wow! I'm not sure if the rainier than usual weather here is the more challenging, or the sudden snowfall there! At least, the beautiful blossoms survived, and you sure caught a lovely photo of them.

Jo said...

I'm so glad it survived, Kay. Stunning shrub. Re your comment about Ambrose' tummy, it is soft, his fur is softer than any other cat I've had. And I do bury my face in it. I'll think of you next time I do this! Thanks for your continued visits to my blog. Big hugs to you all, including darling Lindy. Jo

jabblog said...

Those fragile blossoms are more resilient than we realise, thank goodness:-)

Jenn Jilks said...

Our flora and fauna have resilience!
We have a new critter, named Fred! !

Misty DawnS said...

I can relate. Our nectarine tree was loaded with nectarines. We had a frost in the forecast, so we covered all the trees. A couple nights later, it frosted again, but it wasn't in the forecast, so we didn't expect it. We lost all the nectarines and most of the peaches. :-(

Joyful said...

Lovely blossoms. (I thought I'd left a comment on this one before but it's not there ?? That's blogger for you, lol). Hope your Spring is going well.xx

Kay said...

Oh yikes! They sure were pretty though. I hope they survived the snow. It's been a crazy year, weatherwise.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Amazing tree -- and glad that the late snow didn't hurt it. I can't imagine getting snow in summer. Keeps life exciting I guess ;>)