Followers

Friday, April 13, 2012

A word with Laurie: effervescence



the water’s
effervescence
and the sunshine
on the gull
give a California splendor
to our world

we walk along
the waterfront
and smile
at one other
then the California sun
sets—
as we stroll





Laurie, of the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, posted a word challenge for Friday the 13th today, and the word she chose was the 13-letter word effervescence. She suggested, therefore, that we try to make our poems 13 lines long as well.

11 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Kay, I love the poem and the photos; wonderful post!

Kathy M.

Daydreamertoo said...

Lovely photographs. The sparkling water is enough to bring a smile to anyone's lips. Lovely prose to go with them too.

Herotomost said...

Thats what I'm talking about.....so wish I was there. I looked or my invitation before you left...must have gotten lost in the mail.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Very dreamy and relaxed mood here.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful - yes, the sea is where my heart bubbles!

Grace said...

Lovely pictures...wish I can be there and stroll along ~

Powell River Books said...

Your poem really bubbled up with enthusiasm for the California sunshine and coast. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful. :)

rosemarymint.wordpress.com

Margaret said...

California splendor... yes, one does think of sunshine :)

Mary Ann Potter said...

Ahhh. Sunshine and water - simple yet special beauty! Wonderful poem, Kay. I took part in this "California splendor"!

Laurie Kolp said...

I'd love some California beaches, too. Lovely, Kay.