Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

For Real Toads: Mama Zen's photos

What fun to have the photos of one of my favorite Real Toads poets featured as this weekend's Sunday Challenge. I enjoyed Mama Zen's blog even before I discovered the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads. Seeing her name there was like recognizing an old friend in a new crowd.
I chose two of MZ's photos for a couple of little poems. I have been away from Real Toads for a while, making only one contribution in the past few weeks, but trying to do some commenting when I felt up to it.
It's great to have my muse back, and, MZ, you were a big part of the recovery!
K
© Mama Zen Photography


little insect chooses
a most spectacular home—
yellow and orange
green and black
there may be conveniences
it might lack
but
what does an insect care
when it has sunflower flair?
© Mama Zen Photography

moon above,
and child below
amazed to see it
in daytime,
“moon came to see me,
 yes, he did,
 to join me in my play time!”

9 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love your insect-eyed view of the sunflower home!

I hope you do feel newly inspired in the month of May :)

Grace said...

I like your perspective of the pictures....very creative.

Hope to see more of your writing this month ~

Susie Clevenger said...

There is such refreshing beauty in each piece...life so gentle, so innocent...I needed this today.

Daydreamertoo said...

Love them both, the sunflower is my fav though :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "sunflower flair"!!

Kay said...

This is all so beautiful, but my favorite is the Moon poem. It reminds me of the children's book I used to read to my class by Frank Asch, Moondance.

Tammy said...

Beautiful poems to go with beautiful pictures! Nice work.

Daryl said...

you found the perfect words to compliment Mama Zen's perfect photos

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you! hard to balance time and energy.
Greetings!