Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Succinctly yours: thwart

Posted for
Succinctly Yours
Wherein Grandma, at her Grandma's Goulash blog, posts a photo, and her daughter Calico suggests a word without seeing the photo. Take the two together and come up with a short story of 140 words, or a short-short story of 140 characters including spaces and punctuation — that's the challenge at the Succinctly Yours meme on Mondays.


Above is the prompt photo. This week's word is "thwart"
and here is my submission of 120 characters.

The dinosaurs were athwart the main road and coming closer. Could Mayberry's three-man police force thwart their attack?

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think Barney could handle it since it wouldn't require a gun.

I love what you did here!

Grandma`s Goulash said...

Dinosaurs and Barney Fife? I'd love to see the movie!

Cool use of words. I don't think I've ever used athwart in either writing or speech. It is perfect here.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Clever you! You did it, and so well.

anthonynorth said...

Good luck to the police there.
Nice one.

Cezar and Léia said...

Those dinoshadows are really scary! Looks threateningly real!
God bless you!
Cezar

Misty DawnS said...

But Barney only has one bullet that he keeps in his pocket!!!

Friko said...

You certainly weren't thwarted by the prompt!

Pat said...

I'm sure Barney could figure out something, even if it's just running away. I like this juxtaposition of dinosaurs and Mayberry! (",)