Followers

Friday, April 27, 2012

Saturday Photo Hunting: local streets

Our friend Gattina in Belgium, on her Keyhole Pictures blog, hosts Saturday Photo Hunting, and this weekend's theme is local streets.
I didn't get out today, because we had a cold hard rain, followed by mixed rain and snow (yes, after my Nanking Cherry blossomed) but fortunately I had these photos I took last year. My husband was driving and we were trying to beat a summer storm home from Medicine Hat.

Leaving Medicine Hat.

Our town's main thoroughfare, Broadway Avenue.

Turning onto our street.

Lindy is the welcoming committee. Here she is ignoring my camera and watching her daddy.
Kay Davies photos, 2011

10 comments:

YTSL said...

Those skies... woah. Not just the cloud and gray but they look so dominant in the photos! :O

Phillip said...

"Medicine hat", I just love that name.

Kay L. Davies said...

@ YTSL — The sky is definitely dominant on the prairie. We have nothing else on the horizon.
K

kaykuala said...

Such richness in the clouds, Kay! We get this only prior to heavy rain!

Hank

Gattina said...

That's strange, if the street would be a more narrow, it looks like the main street in Waterloo, lol !
Lindy and Charly would be a nice couple !

MaR said...

Impressive skies! and I love the city name too, too cute.
Happy weekend!

local street & textures

Jo said...

Hi Kay, your streets are SO wide. Only one place I know in SA with such wide streets, and that's Upington in the Cape. I love the name Medicine Hat, too. Reminds me of my youth and watching real old Westerns - many of which spoke of Medicine Hat (or were they filmed there?) Hugs to darling Lindy, the welcoming committee! Have a great weekend. Jo

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Your streets ARE wide. We are having ENDLESS gray skies too and I have sent in my memo to the Complaint Department of the Universe. Great photos.......

Kay said...

Those were very ominous looking clouds. I hope you were able to beat the rain.

Grandma`s Goulash said...

How fun to get a look at your streets. I had never seen clouds like those, until we moved to Memphis. Very similar - I guess it is the flatness of the land that gives that effect.