Followers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: Mexican sunrise

We were on our Mexican cruise for several days before my intrepid photographer managed to get these photos of the sunrise.

Our cabin was on the starboard side of the Carnival Spirit, so we were facing the west as we sailed south.

He did try to get up to go to the other side of the ship to catch the sunrise, and I even tried to help by waking him up one morning (the day the clocks went back, so I woke him up an hour early).


Finally, on our return northward, he was up and caught the sun rising through a layer of cloud. At first it looked like a snowcapped mountain on the horizon, then it began to take on fiery color, a true Mexican sunrise!







Above photos by Richard Schear. © April, 2012

Posted for
SkyWatch Friday
CLICK HERE to see skies from around the world.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Really interesting sequence!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Joyful said...

Love the sunset and, the progression of photo sizes from small to large. Happy day to you.

Carver said...

Fantastic shots of the sunrise. I enjoyed this sequence very much!

Lesley said...

Wow. The sun looks like it has its own picture on it!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Magnificent! wowzers!

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Worth standing around for - lovely series.

chiccoreal said...

I love the curly cloud that looks like a friendly dragon~!

Al said...

What an incredible sunrise, great shots!

Unknown said...

Love love these photos!

Mary,MI

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Beautiful! May I use one of these for a Book Blurb Friday? And now you have me itching for another cruise . . .

Dianne said...

Beautiful captures Kay .... Love that soft pretty moon in the shots.

Powell River Books said...

Nice series of photos. The swirling clouds make the sun look like it is ringed with solar storms. - Margy

Anonymous said...

What magnificent shots!

Randi said...

Great shots. This sequence is really interesting.

cieldequimper said...

Oh wowowowow!!! C'est magnifique !

Reader Wil said...

Well, Kay that was a successful account of a sunrise. It is always difficult to find the right moment, but Dick has done a good job here.
Thanks Kay for your visit and comment. I'll send you some baby photos of my new granddaughter.
Love, Wil

Steffi said...

Very beautiful photos for SWF!I wish I was there too!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful series and a gorgeous sunrise. Happy skywatching and have a great weekend!

Pearl Maple said...

Fantastic show of colour in your sky, what an adventure that must have been.

Fran said...

What a stunning series of shots! One of the things I love about sailing is watching the sun come up and the peace and promise tat it brings xxx

Gattina said...

Wow ! it somehow looks like a fireball falling in the ocean ! Very beautiful.
I missed somewhere the fact that you were on a trip again !

Hildred said...

Absolutely stunning - patience and talent combined!!

Ebie said...

Beautiful! As I stare a bit, I think I saw some "wave" like shape on the sun.

Nice photos Kay.