Followers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Succinctly yours: conquer

Once a week, over at the Grandma's Goulash blog, a picture is posted as a prompt for the Succinctly Yours meme. Before seeing the photo, Grandma's daughter Calico chooses a word of the week. The challenge for writer-bloggers is to write a short story of 140 words based on the prompt photo and using the word of the week if possible, or to write a short-short story of 140 characters or less, including spaces and punctuation. The word of the week is optional, but it's easier to fit it into 140 words than 140 characters.
Below, better late than never, is the prompt photo, along with my submission of 140 characters, including this week's word: conquer. This photo brought back memories of my childhood and a 14-foot rowboat called The MacD owned by my dad and my grandfather. My brother and I loved fishing on Lake Okanagan.


Again, my grandfather, father and brother stayed on the lake until sunset, trying to conquer the big trout which had eluded them all summer.

Now that I've written my contribution, I can check out the others, always a great deal of fun. Thanks, Grandma and Calico!

3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You managed very well with limited characters, kiddo. Oh that Lake Okanagan. Many hours spent gazing at it, trying to turn it into the sea:)

anthonynorth said...

Nice one. I hope they get it.

Daryl said...

what wonderful 'urban' examples!