Followers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Succinctly yours: appreciate

Each week a photo appears on the Grandma's Goulash blog, accompanied by a word of the week. This time it is appreciate. The word was suggested by Grandma's daughter, Calico, before she saw the photo, so it might be difficult to incorporate the two in one mini story. How mini? Very mini. We are asked to use the photo as a prompt for a short story of 140 words, or a short-short story of 140 characters including punctuation and spaces.
Below the photo is my submission of 140 characters, punctuation, spaces and all.

Photo supplied as prompt

I'm afraid I don't appreciate these things properly. In fact, they've terrified me all my life, but I hated to disappoint the grandchildren.


Posted for Succinctly Yours

8 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Ah, the things we do for the grandkids. Scary.
Nice one.

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! I identify with these words well!

Other Mary said...

I think that's delightfully succinct!

Daryl said...

another excellent well worded interpretation/illustration .. you'd do well on Twitter ;)

Pat said...

I'm with you, Kay! I never have liked spinning/oscillating rides in my entire life. But we do sacrifice for our grands sometimes! Well done!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Me, too. And have never ridden one with the grandkids either!!! I almost fell out of one when I was a kid, and never got past the fear.

Friko said...

You did well! Perfectly succinct and perfectly sensible.

kaykuala said...

That is a smooth MF you got, Kay! Yes the grandchild decide on what we do and where to go.

Hank