Followers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Open Link Monday at the imaginary garden

Here I am, back from the mid-Atlantic and from Europe, back to my old ways again for Open Link Monday at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads. All I have to offer is a limerick I wrote for Madeleine Kane's blog.
However, it is the second anniversary of Mad Kane Limericks, so I did take more than five minutes to write the following, and I scrambled through cyberspace for a drawing, if that makes any difference.
Wikimedia
Commons

A fellow who wanted a raise
proceeded his new boss to praise
but his boot-licking
earned him butt-kicking
when his own work was appraised

I'm still not thrilled with my use of "praise" and "appraised" but there we are, it's Monday and my brain is on strike. Again. Tsk. As I always say, no one warned me I'd turn into an old lady.

10 comments:

Grace said...

Yikes on the butt-kicking ~ A fun one Kay ~

Hope you are well from your trip ~

Jim said...

Nice Kay. Limerick's are fun to write. This one is a fun read like it should be. No shoddy work here per my appraisal.
..

anthonynorth said...

Fun limerick. How dare bosses do that ;-)

Ella said...

so fun to read and imagine! :D

Gattina said...

Ah ! you are back ! Lindie is certainly very happy ! How was your trip ? Hope it was not too cold ! Lol about your "praise" poeme !

Anonymous said...

Entertaining and well done!

Marian said...

ARGH.
signed, Performance Review This Week
:)

Margaret said...

Oh, I think it is quite witty and effective - be careful what you wish for! :)

Herotomost said...

sounds like any number of jobs that I have had....lol. Loved it Kay, glad to see you back. Hope you had a good time!

Panchali said...

omg! That was funny! Joy to read...