Followers

Monday, March 25, 2013

Jenn asks about snow in our world

Oh, yes, I cannot lie to my friend Jenn who is hosting Our World Tuesday this week. We do have snow here at home, but it is fast disappearing and not expected to return this week. Of course, this is Alberta, so the forecast can change at any moment.

We do have some photos of snow in Italy, however!


Photos by Richard Schear, 2013
Yes, these are the Italian Alps, as seen from the bus carrying the group I called "the healthy hikers" from Florence to Pisa. After a fast-paced trip around most of Florence, my husband was still more than ready to tackle climbing the Leaning Tower when he reached Pisa.

After wandering at a more leisurely pace around Florence by myself, I wasn't even thinking of climbing anything, and was happy to rest on my bus ride to Pisa. When I got there, I happened to see my husband, and he happened to see the golden Italian shown below. So a good day was had by all!


Posted for

23 comments:

Indrani said...

Italian Alps looks so good!
Great capture of the scene.

mick said...

Beautiful photos of the snow covered mountains. It looks great but I am sure its cold and I'm glad I live in the tropics!

Penelope Notes said...

No snow here … but lots of rain of course. That dog is a bit of a Lindy lookalike. I can see why it caught your intrepid photographer’s eye. :)

islandwonder said...

Love Florence and Pisa. Cute dog photo!

Randi said...

Serene views of the alps! But I prefer green colors today!!! My world is covered with snow...not normal this time of the year...

Cezar and Léia said...

Stunning pictures!The dog is adorable!
Léia

Fun60 said...

It may be cold there but those beautiful blue skies over the alps certainly raise the spirits.

Mr Puddy said...

I'm sure the last photo make you miss Lindy : )
xox

Anunoy Samanta said...

Cool captures Kay! Italian Alps looks fascinating, though not as much as Himalayas... Hehee...
Cheers :)

Unknown said...

For a minute I thought you took your dog with you. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your husband must have tremendous energy!

Mara said...

I can see snow on the mountains close by. There is even some snow left outside my front door. Everywhere else it's gone!

Kay L. Davies said...

@EG Camera Girl — my husband does have tremendous energy. He still referees high school football and basketball, as well as an occasional college basketball game, every year. He's been refereeing basketball for 45 years and says he's aiming to do it for 50.
K

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That right there is the way I like snow -- beautiful, off in the distance! (I do miss seeing mountains here in the flatlands...of course the ones I see when we're in Oregon aren't quite that magnificent, but close enough).

Jenn Jilks said...

Don't you love it?!
Thanks for sharing your trip.
Our snow is rock hard, and melting!!!
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Powell River Books said...

Been a bit busy, so I'm taking some time to catch up on your trip photos. Sounds like you both had a great time. - Margy

Ebie said...

You've got the perfect lighting! I see some iridescence on the mountains.

Fortunately, we hardly gets snow in the city, and that would be the first in LA.

Gattina said...

Yes the alps are beautiful, but from far concerning myself ! I am too lazy to climb in the mountains !

Daryl said...

sweet dog but not as pretty as Lindy!

Maude Lynn said...

Spectacular shots!

Laura said...

breathtaking beauty!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I thought you took your dog to your holiay.

Kay said...

Ahhhh... so pretty Lindy was in your thoughts.