Followers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Succinctly yours: mired

Every week, Grandma's Goulash gives us the opportunity to try writing succinctly, which is great for over-writers like the unfittie here.
We're given a photo and asked to write about the prompt photo (or about something suggested by the photo) in either 140 words or in 140 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
With the help of Design215's character counter I usually choose the 140 characters, in order to learn self-discipline.
If that's not your thing, feel free to chatter away and use 140 words.
Grandma's daughter, before she has seen the week's photo, is asked to provide a word of the week, which we can use, or not use, because that part is optional.
This week's word is mired.
I used 138 characters, including spaces and punctuation.

*


Sissy thought she was mired in the pile of leaves, never to escape, but her brother said, "Throw the leaves at me!" and soon she was out.


*

Posted for 
Succinctly Yours
hosted every week by Grandma's Goulash.

To see how other writer-bloggers used the photo prompt, please click

10 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the chuckle. This is very cute and I love the concept, along with how you used "mired"!

Tammy said...

Very cute and goes perfectly with the picture!

Helen said...

Oh that would have been fun! Nice use of word and photo.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

A big brother always comes to the rescue! And they make up the best games. :)

Cellar Door said...

I have to laugh! For some odd (SparkleFarkled-->)reason, I'm wondering if Sissy's brother is a young Jerry McGuire who just doesn't have the words down quite right yet. See older, improved Jerry HERE. "Throw the leaves at me" would later turn into "Show me the money!" Quite a stretch, I know. Waaay BIG stretch, huh? I guess my head isn't screwed on tight enough today. LOL!

Jim said...

Sissy has a nice brother, that for sure. :)
..

Akelamalu said...

Aw big brother comes to the rescue - nice. :)

Grandma's Goulash said...

Aww, that's sweet. I pictured a similar scenario, but little sister was a bit feistier.

Sonia Lal said...

That's sweet! Such a good older brother.

S K Ditta said...

That's a fun rescue - for the rescuer and the rescued. Nice brohter-sister story.