Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Z is for Zeil am Main


Photo by Richard Schear, November, 2012
Posted for the letter Z at ABC Wednesday
Zeil am Main is an historic Franconian town known for old churches, romantic houses, medieval walls and towers, the hill church of Zeiler Käpelle, and the castle ruins of the Schmachtenburg. Zeil is located in the German state of Bavaria.
The photo above was taken by my husband from a bus crossing a bridge in Zeil am Main on the way to Bamberg during a Viking River Cruises holiday on the Rhine, Main (rhymes with Rhine), and Danube Rivers. Unfortunately, I spent much of the trip aboard our cruise ship because I was fighting a debilitating cough. Fortunately, however, I could see many of the cities from our cabin.
If memory serves, I believe the shore excursion that day consisted of boarding a bus to drive through Zeil am Main, and from there overland to Bamberg, to be met there by the ship (with me onboard).

6 comments:

Carver said...

Great shot. Sounds like a fascinating place to visit. I hope your year is off to a good start. Carver, ABCW Team

Roger Owen Green said...

Still, sorry you were under the weather for part of your vacation.
ROG, ABC Wednesday

Leslie: said...

Great shot! Too bad you were so sick - when I took my daughter to Scotland, she got sick, too, and missed a couple of days touring.

Leslie
abcw team

RedPat said...

I've wanted to do one of those Viking river tours. The idea of watching the world go by sounds wonderful.

Powell River Books said...

I missed Z this this time around. You've been so many wonderful places, Z probably came easy. - Margy

Kay said...

It's such a shame that you got so sick on that trip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us this fall.