Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Succinctly yours: old advertisement

Photo provided as prompt

Oh, Mama dearest, I'm afraid I'm simply not ready to learn to play the balalaika, but I would like to play horsie with your rocking chair.


Posted for
Succinctly Yours
hosted by Grandma's Goulash

Every week, a photo is provided by Grandma's Goulash, to inspire bloggers to write about it in 140 words or less, or else 140 characters including spaces and punctuation. Above is my submission of 139 characters.
There is also a word of the week, chosen by Grandma's daughter Calico before she saw the prompt photo. This week's word is not balalaika. Actually, it is impetus, something of which I have very little these days, certainly not enough to be able to share any with my Succinct submission.

7 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

LOL! Funny take on that prompt.

Cezar and Léia said...

Awesome vintage advertisement, perfect for the theme!
Léia

anthonynorth said...

She chose the fun option. Who wouldn't? Nice one.

Jim said...

Good one, Kay. Do you play the balalaika? I didn't know what one was until I had to Google it for your nice micro story.
That girl should have been playing an instrument a long time ago.
..

Pat said...

I like your interpretation, Kay. I called it a lute...must be similar to a balalaika. The child in my story was also a reluctant instrument-player. Good one!

Unknown said...

She does look a little disgruntled. Poor girl.

Grandma`s Goulash said...

I didn't recognize the instrument. So thanks for the education and the smile.