Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thursday Theme Song, here comes...


Here comes the sun, dear sunflower,
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's okay.

Little magpie, 'twill be a long, cold lonely winter
Little magpie, 'twill feel like years since spring was here
Wait for the sun
Wait for the sun, and I say
It's okay.

Dear sunflower, the birds returning to the fences
Little magpie, it feels like years since skies were clear.

Fun, fun, sun, here it comes.

Dear sunflower, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little magpie, it seems like years since we've been here

Fun, fun, sun, here it comes.



Posted for Hootin' Anni's musical meme
Thursday Theme Song
To see and hear what songs other bloggers like this week,
please click  HERE!

7 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

we want the sun, my son counted, 10 days we have been having rain, we even have a state of emergency in Nelson.

He bought a used surf board and couldn't wait to try it out. The beach is 5 minutes walk and he can't go.

We used to sing this Beatles song with the kids, just the first line.

Ella said...

I loved this; I love the Beatles and sunflowers! Beautiful Kay!

SquirrelQueen said...

I love that shot of the dried sunflower in the sun Kay. I always like Beatles' songs. I wish the sun would visit us sometime soon, it's been well over a week since we've seen it.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet.
I miss magpies a lot. We don't have any down here in south Texas. So, okay, I'm gonna say it - ready - what a special TWEET!!

Somebody's kissin' somebody is my song this week.

Hope your day is treating you well!!

Lighthousegal said...

We have had so much rain here, that the Sun is a very welcomed sight. Last Monday we received 2.5inches of rain. We have had a couple of partly cloudy days this week, but are back to rain today. At least it is the off and on showers.
The little Magpie staring at the wilting sunflower, probably wishing that Winter weren't taking it away. Lovely Photo and great song choice for it too!

Leslie said...

Love this song, and the magpie is another bird I've never had the pleasure of seeing in "real" life, so thank you for both!

My Mind's Eye said...

Ahhhh the Beatles that takes me back to another time and place..I had a big time crush on Paul
Thanks for the memories.
Madi's Mom