Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

For Mellow Yellow Monday, I want to introduce my friend




                                                                                                                                              Photos of her garden by Carola Krebs
Old friends are often the best friends, and Carola is one of my oldest friends. You know what I mean, I've known her almost all my life. We have laughed and cried together, celebrated together and despaired together. We were in school together, and even though we haven't seen one another every year since then, we have never lost touch, thanks to her letter-writing abilities (before either of us had home computers or even dreamed of home computers). I remember when her sons were born, and when her grandsons were born. She and her husband Ken (whom she met when we were in grade 11 and he was an 'older' man by about 3 years) have a lovely 5-acre property on the hill above the town of Winfield in British Columbia's beautiful Okanagan Valley. Their house is more than 100 years old and they've lived there almost that long, it seems to me. Carola is a great gardener, a fabulous photographer, a creative cook, and a renowned talker. Did I say she's been bossing me around since high school? Well, I've tried to return the favor by suggesting she should look into blogging, but she is too busy being a hands-on grandmother, a talented seamstress, a wonderful quilter and, just recently, a creator of her own greeting cards. She belongs to a book club, plus she and Ken take courses at something she calls SLR. To me that means a camera, but Carola claims it also means Seniors Learning something-or-other. So she doesn't have time for blogging. Ain't that a shame?

Posted for Mellow Yellow Monday, hosted each week by Drowsey Monkey.
To see other mellow yellows met by other bloggers, please click

20 comments:

Willa said...

What a beautiful glimpse of Spring/Summer weather! I can't wait!!!!

Everything And Everywhere said...

Wow. Beautiful photos. I love the flower garden.

Liz said...

That's a sweet way to introduce Carola to us. She has a wonderful garden.

Happy MYM.

Liz @ MLC

Kim, USA said...

Hmmm tell her that we are eager to meet her ^_^ With her talent of quilting, making cards, a seamstress, book club, and that SLR (still in mystery lol) she can do wonder in blogosphere ^_^. Love the garden. Happy Monday!
It‘s Yellow

gengen said...

Wow o lovely garden.. happy MYM!

Eden said...

Your friend has a beautiful garden. I love all the plants.

Francisca said...

Oh Kay, longtime good friends like Carola are simply the most precious things we have in life... history shared and made together. I feel blessed to have friends like that too, and some of them rarely use computers... have never seen my blog; that's okay for me. Glad we have sweet you to introduce Carola and show us her lovely gardens this MYM.

Francisca said...

PS. I love it that we were posting on each other's blogs at the same time... :-D Hope you are feeling fine!

Jorge Medico said...

I enjoyed your site and your sense of humor.
Be well,
J.

Powell River Books said...

You never know. I never would have guessed my friend Jeddy would have started blogging. So there may be hope for your friend some time in the future. But in the meantime, you have a great friendship to share in other ways. - Margy

Ebie said...

Carola is such a talented lady. Sewing and quilting, both I can't do, though I can crochet.

She is such a treasure.

Gattina said...

That's really a very beautiful garden ! Probably she has too much work in there to blog, lol !
My oldest friend dates from 1951 when we were in primary school together in Germany ! We are still in contact and see each other at least once a year !
Last time she gave me a book back I had lent her in 1953 ! Better late than never !

DEZ said...

Such a lovely garden you have. So pretty and blooming! happy MYM!
My MYM Here

RNSANE said...

I have a couple of dear friends like that. A newer friend from India, who is a fabulous photographer, has kindly given me some of his pictures to use in my blog. He works as a beverage manager for Royal Caribbean and has not time to blog...barely to look at mine when I send him a particular one.

Nice photographs.

Linda said...

I agree - you should get Carola blogging! Her garden is lovely. I've forgotten how much colour there can be in the world.
Actually, I think I've passed through Winfield on a visit to that part of BC. I'd love to see more - you can hint to Carola!

Cezar and Léia said...

A big hug and HELLO to Carola!
I think friends are stars in our heart, this post is a lovely homage!
Léia :)

Mara said...

That is a beautiful garden! I wish mine were to look like that.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend! And if that is her garden she's a very talented one. You've written a lovely tribute to friendship.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Mellow Yellow at my page.

clavel said...

hey there! I am following your blog, visit and follow mine 2! tnx. nice blog anyway, beautiful flowers
http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com