Monday, November 25, 2013

Reading in bed, for today's Open Link
 Monday came around once again, to find me, as usual, unprepared with a poem for Open Link at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.
 However, my husband sent me an e-mail this morning, claiming to have found a word to describe someone such as I.
 Intrigued, I looked it up and found a different with an extra syllable. The definition also applies to said husband, although not as often, and not for as long.

“librocubularist” said he
while “librocubicularist” said I—
now we are left to wondering why
on spelling and counting we cannot agree
 Kay Davies, November 25, 2013


jabblog said...

Oh my! Some people just love to make words longer than they need be . . . I heard someone mention 'editorialising' the other day;-)

kaykuala said...

Done it but not realized there's a word for it. Apparently both means the same! Nicely Kay!


Sherry Blue Sky said...

Reading in bed sounds great to me - my fave activity - no matter what you call it!! Funny, Kay!

Susan said...

I like! Your husband sounds wonderful.

Susie Clevenger said...

Well, I learned a new word..and it fits me. Your husband sounds like so much fun. :)

Vandana Sharma said...

:) Indeed a new word for me too.

Kay said...

This is definitely me, too. However, I don't think I can remember that word much less pronounce it.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Could you agree on pronunciation?

Jim said...

Nice Kay, now what does it mean?

When I first tried

Google promptly replied,
Did you mean:

(Blogger spell help
doesn't like either)

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

You and hubby have much fun!