Followers

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Purplish copper camera critters




This "purplish copper" butterfly is apparently quite rare in these parts, but my husband got these photos of just such a one during his walk in the Cypress Hills, on the border of the Canadian provinces of Alberta and Sakatchewan, with the Grasslands Naturalists. The butterfly posed prettily for him on a flower that shares some of its colors. I particular like its bright fuchsia-purple antennae.

Posted for
Camera Critters
hosted by Misty Dawn. Thanks, Misty!

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Pretty butterfly. Lovely images! Happy weekend to you!

Maude Lynn said...

How pretty!

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

I love your photos!!

Thanks so much for enjoying my painting process! My commissions are piling up, but I love the challenge each one presents. As you have seen, I am very slow at what I do! LOL

Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a tremendous moment to have been able to "shoot" something rarely seen! Beautiful. YAM xx

Jo said...

Very pretty critter, this purplish copper butterfly! Hugs to you all, Jo and family (of cats and husbands)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very pretty- nice shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

I so love capturing something unexpected! One thing, is your friendship! Blessings.

Kay said...

Dick did very well for you. I have the worst time taking photos of butterflies. Believe me, I've tried.

Pia said...

Beautiful photos! Here all butterflies are rare this year, so thanks for sharing yours!