Sunday, January 27, 2013

Succinctly Yours: whack


"Don't worry, pretty little redheaded girl. If anyone tries to hurt you, I'll whack him with my fist," promised Charlie Brown Bear.
131 characters, including spaces & punctuation

Posted for
Succinctly Yours
the Monday meme at Grandma's Goulash

The rules of Succinctly Yours are simple. Every weekend, Grandma posts a photo as a prompt. Participants are invited to write a short story of 140 words or less, or a short-short story of no more than 140 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
There is also a word of the week, chosen by Grandma's daughter Calico before she saw the picture. This week's word is "whack" and I have used it in my 131 characters, including spaces and punctuation.


15 Comments:

At January 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM , OpenID manicddaily said...

Very cute, and a good exercise to be short. k.

 
At January 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Fireblossom said...

I want a bear for my protector! :-)

 
At January 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Penelope Puddlisms said...

Nothing wacky about this cute short story, Kay … the big bear does look protective of that little read headed girl. :)

 
At January 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Jim said...

I can tell by looking that Charlie Bear Brown is nice guy. Your story proves that, thank you.
..

 
At January 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM , Blogger anthonynorth said...

Ah, a faithful protector. We all need them.

 
At January 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Robyn Greenhouse said...

now I'm feeling sort of bad that I didn't see the bear as a nice protector!

 
At January 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Kim Nelson said...

Despite the fact
that I eschew the whack
I am loving
that little brown bear

 
At January 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Vagabonde said...

I enjoyed looking at your pictures of antelopes and the lovely pictures of the Danube. I’d love to go back to Venice – how long will you stay there?

 
At January 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Pat said...

That might hurt Charlie's fist more than it would hurt Dolly's attacker. Sweet one, Kay. Mine always seem to be cynical.

 
At January 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Dimple said...

Hi Kay,
Cute story!
Thanks for the visit; my birthday/Christmas present was an Olympus camera that can really do macro! I like it!

Blessings!

 
At January 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Kay said...

Very succinct. :-)

 
At January 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Daryl said...

SNORT!

 
At January 28, 2013 at 6:48 AM , Blogger jabblog said...

I wouldn't mess with Charlie Brown Bear - he's cuddly but big and strong, too.

 
At January 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM , Blogger The Chair Speaks said...

:-D

 
At January 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Grandma's Goulash said...

Charlie Bear sounds like her white knight in shining armor. Or maybe a brown fuzzy knight. :) How sweet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home