Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Succinctly yours: juncture

The word of the week at Succinctly Yours is juncture, and this is the picture provided for participants to use as inspiration when composing a short story of 140 words, or a short-short story of 140 characters including punctuation and spaces.
Posted for Grandma's daughter Calico, who provided the word of the week before she saw the photo, and for Grandma at her Grandma's Goulash blog, who hosts Succinctly Yours, a microfiction meme with a twist.
This week, my submission consists of 137 characters, including spaces and punctuation.


During the July council meeting, the mayor said, "At this juncture, I suggest we have the Christmas decorations removed from the square."

7 comments:

Jim said...

Good write, Kay. :) But bad news for Christmas.
City council will be called Grinches in October or November and they will be okay'd again then. My prediction.
..

Penelope Notes said...

This was a welcome bit of humor in my day, Kay! Very cute and very funny. :)

kaykuala said...

Christmas is long gone and the dismantling is long overdue! Nice MF Kay!

Hank

anthonynorth said...

Hardly worth it now ;-)
Nice one.

Grandma's Goulash said...

Someone should tell that mayor not to rush things!

So nice to see you back at SY, Kay. Hope that all is well with you. I was MIA for a while, due to our move. I'm tired of packing and unpacking boxes, but otherwise fine.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is hilarious! Loved it.

Pat said...

Yes, well I'd say it's about time, being July and all! I do see houses occasionally where they keep their outdoor Christmas lights up all year round. I suppose that makes it easier on them.