Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

From Russia, with love

We got home from Moscow after midnight last night, after being awake for 31 hours, and I am (gosh, I don't know why) very tired.
I just wanted to tell all my friends at home, afar, and in cyberspace, that we're all back. Dick picked Lindy up this morning after her 2-week visit with our friends Gayle and Larry, who took wonderful care of her. However, she now expects three walks a day, so Dick is off with her now before the heat gets too bad around here.
Here are two photos from St. Petersburg and one from Moscow. We haven't even looked at them all. I'm sure that will take time. I just chose these from my small camera, at random, because I like them.
Thanks to Viking River Cruises, with whom we have sailed twice before, we had a wonderful time on our cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Special thanks to the captain and crew of the Viking Surkov, and very special thanks to our wait staff, Norman and Julia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pka0FczsOfo



I don't know any of these people. I was sitting behind them, on my folding-cane-chair, leaning against one of Moscow's many museums and waiting for Dick, when they were having their photos taken in front of it. The building on the right is the former Russian department store 'GUM' which is now a very upscale shopping mall.
© Photos by Kay Davies

11 comments:

Jo said...

Welcome home, Kay! Wow, that is a long trip - 31 hours. Glad you're reunited with Lindy and she was well-cared for by your dear friends. Hope you're resting right now. Blessings, Jo PS I love the photos!

Diane said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so jealous of your exciting trip. :O)

Phillip said...

Welcome home. Strange that you should be tired After being awake for only 31 hours. (I'd be dead). Really enjoying the books.

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! Welcome home.

FilipBlog said...

Very nice pictures, I would like to visit Moscow once but am a bit afraid of it. I heard bad thing about the city. I hope you are enjoying it.

Greetings,
Filip

diane b said...

Beautiful buildings. I would love to do that trip although 31 hours is daunting to get there. Probably a similar time from here. You are lucky to have such kind friends to take care of Lindy.Looking forward to more pics of your trip.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Welcome home! Look forward to hearing and seeing more about your trip after you sleep for a million hours.

Powell River Books said...

I'm not sure what building was behind them. I think I would have turned around to get that other beautiful building in that beautifully framed shot. Welcome back home. - Margy

Francisca said...

Oooh... I want to goooo! These shots of St Petersburg and Moscow are tantalizing, Kay!

Lew said...

Great shots! The architecture is so different form here.

SquirrelQueen said...

Welcome back Kay! Those are great photos from St. Petersburg and Moscow. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your adventures.